A Great Joke [via Mary Calhoun]

Two Irishmen, Murphy and O’Riely were applying for the same job, in an upscale construction company. One of the job requirements was to meet with the company’s psychologist. Murphy goes in first. 

The doctor says," Murphy, I just want to ask you two questions, to which Murphy replied, fire away sir."

"Tell me Murphy, do you know how many wheels are on a wheel barrel?"

I sir, “a wheel barrel has got one wheel”. 

"Very good," said the doctor. 

"Now Murphy, this next question is a little more difficult. Can you think up a sentence using the word, great."

"I sir," said Murphy, “I have a brand new jacket and I really think it’s great”. 

"Excellent, can you send O’Riely in."

Murphy goes out and says to O’Riely.  "O’Riely, me boyo, tis a piece of cake to be sure. He’s gonna ask ya how many wheels does a wheel barrel have, and to think up a sentence using the word “great”. 

"Murphy, me boyo, I’m beholden’ to ya for sure."

"What did you say, so I don’t say the same thing?"

So Murphy tells his, “I have a brand new jacket and I really think it’s great”. 

"Ah, to be sure, says Murphy, thank you very much."

O’Riely walks in to the doctor’s office, smiling and feeling very confident.  

The doctor says, "O’Riely, I just want to ask you two questions."

"Fire away sir."

"Tell me O’Riely do you know how many wheels are on a wheel barrel?"

"Aye sir, “a wheel barrel has got one wheel”. 

"Very good," said the doctor. "Now this next question is a little harder. Can you think up a sentence using the word - fascinate?"

"Fascinate," says O’Riely, scratching his head. "I got it sir. “I have a brand new jacket, I really think it’ s great. It’s got nine buttons, but I only fascinate”.

No comments: